Monday, March 2, 2009

Things are Looking Brighter :)

This week promises to be busy, but hopefully not as stressful as the past 2 have been.

About my pharm test, I got an A!! Yay, I'm feeling much better about that class and my final grade now. I ended up typing 40 pages of drug sheets that list the uses, side effects, and other details of each drug that we learned about. I also studied the whole week prior to the exam so, I'm glad the hard work paid off.

I ended up taking my nephew Levi and another little girl I babysit named Sydney to the fair on Sat. They're the same age and get along really well. The cutest part was when I picked up Sydney she had put on about three layers of pink lip gloss, getting all dressed up for Levi. But what was really funny was that Levi wore some of his daddy's cologne too. Is that not so cute? It cracks me up that they're only 4 but they try to get all prettied up for one another.

The circus was fun, but it was sooo long. It lasted 3 hours and both kids were ready to hit the road before it was over. They had some tigers (which I'd never seen before at the circus), poodles, elephants, bears, and of course the acrobatic people.
Levi really like the moto-cross guys that drove their bikes inside this huge steel cage that was shaped like a ball. It was fun and the kids acted great which is always nice.

I got my package mailed today for the Favorite Things Swap. I wrapped everything up in polka-dot tissue paper. I wish I would have taken a sneak-peek pic to show everyone. I hope Mrs.FatFace likes all the goodies I sent her.

March 10th is the Spring Fling over at The Secret's in the Sauce blog. You can go to this post to get the details but it should be a ton of fun. Good thing I'm at work that day, I've got some computer time to enter the hourly giveaways! I'm trying to figure out what I'll be giving away on my blog that day.

I tried out a dish last night for dinner called Honey Curry Chicken. My mom used to make it all the time when I was a kid and I loved it.
It turned out great, the chicken was super moist and the sauce was delicious.
I just kindof added the indredients for the sauce until I got it to taste how I liked it, so feel free to experiment with the measurements.

Honey Curry Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed off
2 15 oz cans small new potatoes, drained
1 stick butter
1/2 cup honey
1 Tbs curry powder
1 tsp dried ground mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 Tbs real mustard
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
salt to taste


Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
Place trimmed chicken in baking dish and cut any potatoes that are large in half. Arrange the potatoes around and on top of the chicken.
Place butter in measuring cup and microwave until melted. Pour in the honey, the mustard and spices and whisk to combine. Add salt to taste.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and potatoes. Use a small spoon to move the chicken and potatoes around so that it's completely coated with the sauce.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees F. I just put my thermometer probe in the thickest part of the breast and waited for the alarm to go off when it reached 170. I'd guess that it took about 35-45 minutes.
This was great served with buttered bread and steamed veggies. We had the Green Giant Healthy Vision medley which is carrots, zuchini, and green beans. They only take a couple of minutes in the microwave and the serving size is perfect for two.



Have a happy Monday everyone!

-kcc

6 comments:

Abbie said...

Sounds like an awesome dinner! Man I wish I wasn't such a disaster in the kitchen!

Hooray for the A!!!

.:: WMP ::. said...

Congrats on the "A"!!!!! That's awesome!

jlc said...

Congrats on the A lady!!! :)

Honey said...

Congrats on the test! Always nice to see hard work rewarded!

New Girl on Post said...

Congrats on your good grade Kebi! I'm very proud of you. 40 pages of notes? That's pretty impressive. Oh..and that chicken sounds so good, I may have to give it a try one of these days.

Jon and Steph said...

Great job on your test! That's awesome, you're right the hard work did pay off!

Again thanks for another yummy recipe! I love new recipes. Jon and I eat the same 4 things over and over again. ;)
Have a great day.