Wednesday, March 25, 2009

BOSU Blast!

I have been on a roll this week and have worked out the past three nights.
I know for all you ladies that are in an awesome workout routine, this is probably small stuff. But, I have to admit, this is seriously the first time I've had a 3 day streak without taking a day off because I was sore or busy.

Sunday: Strength Training and Yoga on the Wii Fit
Monday: 2 miles on the treadmill (20 minutes briskly walking and 15 jogging, yep I'm a sissy, soo out of shape!)
Tuesday: BOSU class at the rec center for an hour
Wednesday: 50 minute Pilates DVD and some time on the Wii Fit

BOSU was a ton of fun and super fast paced. I had to take a breather a few times and get back in the rhythm but I really think it will take more workouts and practice to get it down perfect.
You jump, bounce, step, squat and lunge on one of these.


(I had to look up what exactly BOSU was online before the class so I'd know just what I was getting myself in to, haha)
We also did ab and arm work. My whole body is feeling it today.
It was really fun and I think I'll try to make a habit of going each Tuesday night to spice up my workout routines. I'm bribing myself that if I workout 4 times a week for a month, I'll buy myself some new running shoes and a cute outfit.

I've heard that the New Balances with the higher numbers are the best running shoes. I've got Nike Shoks but they kill my feet even when I'm just walking or out shopping all day.
What suggestions do you ladies have for a good pair of running shoes?

Now on to something fun.
Steph tagged me today to do this fun thing where you type in your name and the word 'needs' on google.
Here were my results:
(It didn't even recognize my name and suggested I type Debi, nope Kebi Cedawna is just a funky name)
1.Kebi needs as many funds as I can provide. (Sure do need as many funds as possible, I've got a nasty shopping addiction.)

2.Kebi needs to sell his art. (I'm so ecstatic that my Art Foundations class artwork is sellable, if I was a he!)

3. Kebi needs to be socialized more (Huh, what? You mean there's something wrong with isolating myself in my apartment, cozied up with my computer or slaving over homework day and night?)

4. Kebi needs to be admitted to a madhouse. (After all the school work I had the week before Spring Break, I'd have to agree)

Okay, I'm calling it quits before I get to ten. There's hardly anything with my name that isn't in a foreign language so it's pretty to hard to find 10 things Google thinks I need.

Oh yeah, I have to brag on my sweetheart a little bit. I got home yesterday from work and was dreading the sink full of dirty dishes awaiting me. I walked in the door to hear the swishing of the dishwasher. Matt had unloaded/reloaded the dishwasher and did all the handwash. He also cleaned the kitchen, the living room, folded and put away our laundry, and made the bed! To say I was impressed is putting it lightly. I couldn't quit smiling the rest of the afternoon! We even went over to our friends Haley and Shane's new house for dinner, so no cooking or cleaning at all for Kebi! It was a wonderful day.

Hope you all had a great Hump Day!

-kcc

12 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Congrats on your workout!

d.a.r. said...

Congrats on taking that first step. BOSU looks amazing!!!

And I run in Brooks. I think they are the best for my feet :) I would never, ever recommend Nike for running shoes though. They are crap. NB or Brooks or Asics are the best.

Abbie said...

Sounds like you're doing an amazing job on working out! That BOSU looks fun! I've never heard of it before, so I'm definitely going to google it!

DAR's right, Nike's SUCK for running! Oh Lord I cannot even begin to describe to you how awful my legs hurt when I would run in them!

Also, thank you for all of the little goodies you sent me! It was so fun opening up the package!

Have a great rest of the week!

Botanical Bird said...

Wow!! way to go on the work out Kebi! geez now I really feel lazy. I did manage to peddle my stationery bike yesterday for 15 minutes, but I do seriously need to get in some sort of exercise routine. Thanks for the motivation!!
Cyd

Jon and Steph said...

Way to go girl! I don't think I've ever done three days in a row exercising! That's awesome. I am way out of shape so I totally know the feeling! Keep it up.

And how sweet that your man cleaned the house for you! He's a keeper ;)

yours truly... said...

You go girl! I would have two sprained ankles and a black eye if I tried balancing on that thing!

I'm addicted to Under Armour shoes. I have a pair of training shoes and running shoes and I. LOVE. THEM. Highly recommended!

Lani said...

Hmm, BOSU looks like fun:) And your blog looks great by the way!

jlc said...

Ahhhh!!! That's amazing lady!! I'm so proud of the effort you've been making! Huge huge step!

New Girl on Post said...

I think that looks so fun! We have those at my gym, but we don't have a class with them, maybe I should suggest that.

I HATE wearing Nikes to run in, they give me horrible shin splints. I'm all for Asics. They work the best for me.

jlc said...

Hahah! Yes! She teaches ART!!

Haha sorry but I haddd to comment you back on that. I'm so letting her know you said that. :)

rebecca said...

Ooooh, I have to say, I LOVE my Nikes! Lol! I've also loves Mizunos, but my current Nikes are my FAVE thus far.

Good for you for getting out there! I'm heading to the gym right now myself!

Have a wonderful weekend, pretty lady!

Perpetual Prep said...

Hi! Sorry for the late shipment of your swap gifts, but life's been quite busy of late! I did send your package today, so it should arrive within three days :) I hope you enjoy the goodies!

Shirley (sHp)