I got this cute little award from sHw. Thanks so much! It sure did brighten my day.
So, here's something lighthearted to get that yucky last post off the homepage. Thank you all so much for all the encouragement and kind words. It's surprising how good it felt to just get it all off my chest. Also, thanks to my new followers. I appreciate all the support and comments. Don't be shy to speak up, I love the feedback.
Now, here are the Rules:
List seven things that make YOU awe-summm, pass on to seven others, link to the Queen that tagged, and post your award!
1. Holy-Moley! I've got olive skin and too many moles, but I have one that's just above the left corner of my mouth, a la Cindy Crawford. That beauty mark is one of my favorite physical features.
2. I'm a generous person and love to help others in need. I regularly donate blood to the Red Cross and am on the National Bone Marrow Registry. I pray that some day I can donate my bone marrow and help save a life. Enduring a little pain is more than worth it to give someone a second chance at life.
3. I'm 5'8" so I'm tall enough to reach the very highest shelves in the pantry ;)
4. I love with all my heart. I'd say I'm a loving person and Matt and my family are my world.
5. I'm blessed with some wonderful friends. I'm all about quality and not quantity. When it comes to girlfriends, I've struck gold.
6. I like to clean and am probably slightly OCD. I can't ever leave my apartment for the weekend with dirty dishes in the sink or an untidy living room.
7. I like school and love to learn. Considering that it will take me a total of 6 years to get my bachelor's, this definitely is an awesome quality.
So, fellow Queens, tell me what makes you Awe-summ!
New Girl on Post
Also, a big thank you to Melissa at New Girl on Post for her Annual Blogging Award. She's a super sweet gal that I'm lucky enough to have as a best friend in real life. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out her two blogs New Girl on Post and A Picture's Worth a 1000 Words. I promise you'll fall head over heels for her, as I and many other bloggers have.
On another note, I'm really enjoying The Host so far. Sure, it's no Twilight, but it is really intriguing and a pretty good page-turner.
My CNA classes are coming along really well. I start three days of clinicals next Monday then take the exam on Thursday. I definitely know it is an extremely unglamorous job, but the main thing is helping people who couldn't help themselves otherwise. Several of my friends work as CNA's to get some extra experience before RN school and they love their jobs because they are helping others and making a difference. I know it's a backbreaking, crude, and often thankless job, but, I'm excited to get my certification and get to working. There is a part-time opening in the Cardiac ICU that sounds really good. It's in a city that's about 45 minutes away but I don't think the drive will be too bad considering it's only 2 days a week. I've got my fingers crossed that I can get hired on quickly.
Until next time,
How to Meal Plan for a Picnic by Joanne
13 hours ago