Monday, May 25, 2009

Big News!!!

I got my acceptance letter into the RN Nursing Program this past Saturday!

Now, it's official and I couldn't be more excited. I've already gotten a few calls from friends that have also gotten into the program and can't wait til our June 15th meeting to find out who else got in. I think we're going to have an awesome group and am super excited about the new lifelong friendships I'm bound to make.

Also, Allison gave me a wonderful award last weekend and since I haven't gotten a chance to get online, I haven't posted about it yet.



What an awesome award, thanks Allison!

The rules are simple: You pass it onto five of your bloggy friends who you've never met in person, but think you'd be the best of friends with if you ever did!

I would choose Allison at The Displaced Texan as well. She and I share the same conservative views and I completely admire her courage in speaking up for what she believes in. Also, she's a Neonatal Nurse, what's not to like?

I would also choose Honey at Honey and Quilts. She's an amazing quilter and I could definitely enjoy some quilting retreats with her. The girl also knows how to have a good time and would be blast to hang out with.

Becca at Lovely Yellow Ribbons is a ton of fun. I really admire her creative side too, she's always making the neatest things.

I couldn't not put JLC at French Kiss. She seriously is one of the sweetest and most kind ladies I've met through blogging. She always makes a point to support others with comments. Her blog is full of optimism, humor and romance for her Bumbee. Her's one of my most favorite blogs to read.

Steph at the Adventures of Jon and Steph is another blogger I think I'd be great friends with in real life. Hello, she's a fellow Okie for one! She's also bubbly and fun. I'm so envious of her amazing traveling experiences and so grateful that she shares it all with us through her beautiful photography.

It was so hard to narrow this down to five because I adore all of you ladies out there.

Also, Happy Memorial Day to all of you. We should say a prayer for our Servicemen and Women everyday and what better way to remember it than with a holiday. I visited Arlington Cemetery on a trip to Washington D.C. in 2005. I was in awe when I saw the vast expanse of the numerous white headstones. Just thinking of it gives me goosebumps and it's something I'll never ever forget.
Thank you so much to all the military wives as well for your own sacrifices while your husbands are protecting the freedom of all Americans.



9 comments:

Allison said...

yay for getting into the RN program :) woohoo!!!

and thanks, of course, for the award ;) obviously the feeling is mutual ;)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Yay! I am so excited for you!

Botanical Bird said...

Way to go!! Congrats to you!

Abbie said...

Kebi! Congrats on getting into the RN program!!! I felt the same way when I got into my teacher ed program!

Have a great week!

Jon and Steph said...

That's amazing news! Congrats on getting into the RN program! I'm so happy for ya!

And a big thanks for the award, we would definitely be friends in real life ;)

Shoshanah said...

Congrats on your acceptance!

And of course your blog award :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Congrats on getting into the program! :)

yours truly... said...

Congratulations!!! So extremely happy for you!!

And I owe you a way overdue THANK YOU for the Queen blog award!! You're too sweet!!

Hope you have a great weekend Nurse K!! hehe :)

rebecca said...

Awesome, girl! Thanks for the cool award, and even more-so, CONGRATS on getting into nursing school!! Nurses are amazing, I SO admire you!

Have a great weekend, Kebi! :)