Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hallelujah!

Thank you all so much for the kind comments and encouragement from my last post. You guys are definitely the best! I don't know what it is, but just getting it out there and getting a little encouragement really does a ton of good.

I'm happy to say I did get the job! The HR lady called me yesterday and said my doctor's release would be sufficient to reverse my physical exam results.

I went into Orientation today and will start working on the floor next week. I did my training and clinicals in a nursing home (one of the worst in my town too). It may be shallow, but I LOVE all the new and shiny stuff in the hospital setting. I've always known I wanted to work in the hospital not a nursing home and I'm more excited than ever about getting my RN. I'll be working on the Med/Surg and Telemetry floors which should be good for a variety of experience. Also, one of the floors I'm on has just been completely remodeled so everything is brand new and really nice.

About the Tb test, I go in Friday to get re-stuck and then I'll know the results by Monday. I had another nurse look at my test site and she said it really only looked like I reacted from the serum, no worries.

Also, exciting news. I went to Orientation for the nursing program Monday night. I got to see who all got in and meet all of the faculty. Two of my good friends didn't make it and are alternates so I'm praying hard that they both can get on in anyway. I think we'll have a great group and can't wait to get going in August. I've heard that the first 6 weeks are hell because you're cramming so much information about skills before clinicals can begin. I'm still super excited.

Tomorrow I'm going scrub shopping to get all that I need to start work next. Can't wait :)

Did I mention, you all are the best readers and friends a girl could have?!?

7 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh thank goodness!!! I'm so glad you got it! What a crappy situation, but it sounds like it's working out great :)

Shoshanah said...

Congrats on the job! You deserve it

Jon and Steph said...

Awesome! That's such great news!
Congratulations... so happy for you!

Jane said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile but have never commented, so I just wanted to say hello! :-) That's great news about the CNA job at the hospital. Congratulations and good luck!

Hannah said...

Awesome!! I'm so glad everything worked out! Good luck getting stuck again... *shivers*

yours truly... said...

SOOOO happy for you that things worked out!! Congrats lady! You deserve it!!

Abbie said...

Oh I'm so relieved that the job situation worked out! You definitely deserve it!!